Matt's Rise of the Rune Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draznels' Start

4 posters

Go down

Draznels' Start Empty Draznels' Start

Post  Inquisitor Draznel Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:48 am

Well, that was a less then stella start for draznel Embarassed . Walks in all tough, saying he is investigating....then first monster, bang, bang, bang.....dead...lucky for the hero points. Might take my die down to the local temple and get them blessed...maybe have better luck next time Razz
Inquisitor Draznel
Inquisitor Draznel

Back to top Go down

Draznels' Start Empty Re: Draznels' Start

Post  Winter Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:02 pm

you can get more hero points but not easily, it's totally up to the DM and you need to complete some great act of heroism or complete a major event in the campaign.
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Napier Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 pm

You can possibly get one at level up, as well... but never have more than 3. Thinking about using one in the next fight? Wink
Jack Napier
Jack Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  Inquisitor Draznel Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:19 pm

let's hope that I won't have to use one for a very long time...surely I can't roll that badly for awhile ha ha ha
Inquisitor Draznel
Inquisitor Draznel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack Napier Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Gamers are a superstitious lot... but really, the dice always have a 1/20 chance of landing on 20 or 1, each time you roll it. Don't tempt them Wink

The three consequtive 2's you rolled were very unfortunate and a true testament for a "Hero Point" system in any campaign to keep things fun. How much would it have sucked to die then and there in your first encounter?

I'm very grateful for my ninja vanishing trick... I rolled shit on my perception (one of my best skills for both my character and familiar!) and ride checks which basically made me fucked and I would've been using hero points to save my character had I not had that option to be invisible and crawl away.

Brightside is, you're not dead and your character can now easily justify going on a witch hunt at any time!

Your character has some cool abilities and I'm sure he'll shine next chance he gets.

Jack Napier
Jack Napier

Back to top Go down

Post  Inquisitor Draznel Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:42 pm

invisibility is cool, maybe next chance i get I will pick it as one of my spells. It is in the inquisitor spell list to choose. But as Matt said...it really can't be any worse next time than this time ha ha ha I look forward to it
Inquisitor Draznel
Inquisitor Draznel

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnus Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Inquisitor Draznel wrote:invisibility is cool, maybe next chance i get I will pick it as one of my spells. It is in the inquisitor spell list to choose. But as Matt said...it really can't be any worse next time than this time ha ha ha I look forward to it
Sometimes it just takes awhile to get used to a new character, especially when you're new and not starting at 1st level. You did very well with Damikon as a "pre-run" though, so all I'd say is remember your great skills when we're not fighting and when we are, your two weapon style, great feats, and awesome Spell casting ability.
Draznel and Jack also compliment each other well in battle with each others flanking bonuses, so use that as often as you can.
Thank god we have hero points! Though try not to worry about what happened, the dice can be cruel sometimes regardless of how high the CR of the encounter is.
Draznel is an awesome character and I'm sure after that brush with death he'll shine bright.
Magnus
Magnus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum